Checking for Understanding
Mrs. Thomas shows how she takes a quick, formative check for understanding in her classroom.
CONFIRM YOUR LEARNING
- When is it appropriate to do a quick check for understanding?
- Why can a formative check be more effective than a graded quiz?
- How does Mrs. Thomas respond when students miss the correct answer?
CONFIRM YOUR PRACTICE
- How do you conduct quick checks for understanding in your own class?
- How do you respond to students when you see that they do not understand?
- If you have an Intervention Specialist in your classroom, what role do they play in the FIP process?
CONFIRM YOUR COMMITMENT
- How will you determine when quick checks are appropriate and when they are not?
- How will you ensure that students receive feedback after quick checks?