A Sampling Strategy for Collecting Evidence of Learning
Mrs. Thomas reviews the learning targets with her class and uses a sampling strategy to find out where her students are in their learning.
CONFIRM YOUR LEARNING
- When is it appropriate to do a quick check for understanding?
- Why can a formative check be more effective than a graded quiz?
- How does Mrs.Thomas respond when students miss the correct answer?
CONFIRM YOUR PRACTICE
- What was the purpose of randomly tossing the ball to students during the review?
- How did the sampling strategy provide information for the teacher?
- Why is it important to review and state the learning targets during each class?
CONFIRM YOUR COMMITMENT
- How will you move your students from “student involvement” to “student ownership”?