Responding to Evidence Through Differentiation
Watch as Mrs. Graf uses several strategies to differentiate her classroom for continued learning.
CONFIRM YOUR LEARNING
- What evidence does Mrs. Graf use to differentiate her instruction?
- Mrs. Graf groups students based on their current achievement and skill. How is this different than tracking or strict ability grouping?
- How does Mrs. Graf scaffold the learning?
CONFIRM YOUR PRACTICE
- Do your students understand how you differentiate your instruction? Could they describe how you keep the learning moving forward for all students?
- What do you do to prepare ahead of time, to be able to respond “just-in-time” to the different learning needs of students?
CONFIRM YOUR COMMITMENT
- What will you do to enhance how you currently scaffold learning for students?
- What will you do to build student ownership of learning to master learning targets and then go beyond?
Let us know your thoughts by using #OHFIP using your favorite social media platform.