Watch how Ms. Kennedy uses formative instructional practices in her Grade 6 English language arts class.
FEATURED LEARNING TARGETS
- I know that mood means the emotional quality of a scene.
- I can write really good dialogue that increases the tension in my novel, moves the story forward, or defines the characters.
CONFIRM YOUR LEARNING
- Why do you think Ms. Kennedy wants students to use the “language of the rubric” to self- evaluate their work?
CONFIRM YOUR PRACTICE
- How do you currently encourage your students to self-evaluate with accuracy and consistency?
CONFIRM YOUR COMMITMENT
- What will you do to help students accurately self-assess?