Hear from Mary Rykowski, Principal at Evening Street Elementary, as she shares how a focus on formative instructional practices has changed her school through the use of data teams, clear learning targets, and a new perspective on assessment.
CONFIRM YOUR LEARNING
- What does Mrs. Rykowski mean when she says that FIP is more than just posting student learning targets?
- What practices and processes are in place at Evening Street Elementary that foster collaboration and teacher ownership of their learning as well as the learning of their students?
CONFIRM YOUR PRACTICE
- How can you help your teachers see that “assessment is a journey” and not just a grade in the gradebook?
- What do you currently do to foster collaboration and dialog around the intended learning and performance of students?
CONFIRM YOUR COMMITMENT
- What will you do to enhance collaboration around effective formative instructional practices in your school?
You can access the entirely FIP Video Library here.